A lot has changed since I last posted. I returned to the UK after spending Christmas and New Year with family in South Africa, only for things to slowly but surely unravel. My work went through layoffs (I survived). My friends all went through tough times as well in terms of health and family. And then the world changed.
I’m now back in South Africa and not sure when I’ll be able to go to the UK again. My poor plants. I’m in lock down with my dad and his fiancee, both of their mothers, and my brother and his girlfriend. That’s a lot of people to be stuck with when you’re used to living alone. Plus, a bit of good news, I’m starting a new job in three weeks! I’m very excited about it, but it’s also a big change.
All of these changes and uncertainties have got me reeling. (I’m sure you’re all feeling the same right now, too.) And instead of panic-buying toilet paper before lockdown, I went to a craft store three times over five days to stock up on yarn and cross-stitching supplies. Since then, I’ve also been seeking out other sources of comfort…namely books. My Kindle is being loaded up, and I have zero regrets right now because my brain doesn’t have the capacity for such feelings.
So I thought I might share all of the books I’ve acquired to quell the panic I’m low-key feeling 24/7. Since March 20th. Yeah.
Are you ready for this?
My Kindle haul
Free = *
99p/99c = º
Kindle Unlimited = †
In a series = ^
Links take you to Amazon. I’ll get a small commission if you buy any of the non-free books, which will help pay for this site! Price indicators are true at the time of publishing.
- Relentless by Karen Lynch ^*
- Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen º
- The Prince & the Player by Tia Louise *^
- Royal Rebel by Laramie Briscoe †^
- Nowhere Left to Fall by Kat Mizera *^
- The Princess Trap by Talia Hibbert ^
- Chandelier by Annie Dyer †^
- The Innkeeper Chronicles, Volume One by Ilona Andrews º^
- The Controversial Princess * and His True Queen º by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed º
- Coming Up Roses by Staci Hart ^
- Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Vol. 1 by Fujita º^
- A Worthy Opponent by Katee Robert ^ (and also pre-ordered all the following books that were already on Amazon because obvs)
- Gypsy King by Devney Perry *^
- There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras *^
- Break Me Down by M. Mabie ^
- Ruthless King by Meghan March *^
- The Wright Brother by K.A. Linde *^
- False Memory by Meli Raine *^
- Until You’re Mine by Cindi Madsen *^
- Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros *^
- Wilder by Rebecca Yarros *^
- Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward †^
- Famous by Jenny Holiday *^
- The Duke and I º, The Viscount Who Loved Me, and An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn (I need to binge the series before the Netflix show is released)
- The Wrong Highlander by Lynsay Sands º^
- Love on Beach Avenue by Jennifer Probst
- A Highwayman’s Mail Order Bride by Blythe Carver *^ (I’m reading this right now and it’s terrible but I can’t stop)
- Playing By Her Rules º and Playing the Player º by Amy Andrews (rugby players are my catnip)
- Wasted Words by Staci Hart *^
- How to Catch a Wild Viscount by Tessa Dare *
- Only for a Night by Naima Simone *^
Not included are all the non-romance novels I bought/got for free, like On the Come Up by Angie Thomas and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
Anyone else in a buying frenzy right now?